odr violation around external libs

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Tue Dec 23 00:12:38 PST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 12:09:36AM +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> creating a current asan build shows the following problem:
>
> ==8921==ERROR: AddressSanitizer: odr-violation (0x2acc613e2cc0):
>   [1] size=40 'vtable for WPG1Parser' WPG1Parser.cpp
>   [2] size=40 'vtable for WPG1Parser' WPG1Parser.cpp
> These globals were registered at these points:
>   [1]:
> (/srv/crashtestdata/build/instdir/program/libwpftdrawlo.so+0x11e5dd6)
>   [2]:
> (/srv/crashtestdata/build/instdir/program/libwpftwriterlo.so+0x7d5556)

Yes, I see the problem... libwpd and libwpg are mutually dependent:
libwpg requires libwpd to parse text formatting in WPG images and libwpd
uses libwpg to parse images in WPD documents. So the two of them are
always used in pair. And I forgot about them when I changed linking of
the other multiply-occuring libraries from static to shared. I will
change them too.

Is it needed for 4.4 too, or is master enough?

D.