Update check for spell checker extension doesn't seem to work

Bernhard Baier bernhard.baier at gmx.net
Thu Dec 25 11:28:50 PST 2014

Hello,

in the meantime I found out that http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ in
general doesn't seem to support the (automatic) update of extensions -
as I found out with wireshark listening to the communication between
LibreOffice (client) and the extension site (server) the LibreOffice
extension site provides no meaningful answer to the update query of the
client.
So if you want to support the automatic update feature for your
extension you have to provide your own  <update-information> - section
in description.xml - this works well as I tested it right now.

cheers,
Bernhard

-------- Original-Nachricht --------