Building LO fails with autogen

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Fri Dec 26 02:27:09 PST 2014

Hi Jens,

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 05:56:17AM +0100, Jens Tröger <jens.troeger at light-speed.de> wrote:
> > Thank you for your answer; this email is in response to the thread here:
> >
> >   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2014-October/064046.html
> >
> > I'm don't know how I can respond to the thread without having that
> > actual email in my inbox here anymore.  Hence this direct reply.

Gmane can be helpful in such situations, see e.g.
<http://vmiklos.hu/blog/gmane-scm-reply.html>.

> Using
>
>   autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
>   automake (GNU automake) 1.14.1
>
> still gives that same error
>
>   configure.ac:111: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_CHECKING
>         If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>         See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> Should I use 1.13.4 exactly?

autoconf-2.69 works fine for me. Note that we do not require automake
for building LO (when patching externals, we intentionally patch
Makefile.in files as well when patching Makefile.ams to avoid this
dependency). Maybe check with your distro what can be the problem?

AC_MSG_CHECKING is probably used in every configure.ac, in LO's case,
it's used 300+ times, so it's not a corner-case. ;-)

Regards,

Miklos