Severe performance degradation on Linux

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Tue Dec 30 04:50:39 PST 2014

Connection is not the problem, I have already connected and that took
far less than a second on localhost.  The code in question is this:

    start_time = time.time()

    parenum = document.Text.createEnumeration()
    while parenum.hasMoreElements() :
        par = parenum.nextElement()

    end_time = time.time()
    print("Elapsed time: " + str(end_time - start_time))

Unless office attempts to connect "somewhere" (where to, anyway?) the
reason for the performance drop is elsewhere.  The above loop runs 1s on
my Mac, and 45s on Linux.  Other test documents show performance
difference of 3s (Mac) vs 3.45min (Linux).

If office would attempt (and time-out) to connect while iterating over
the paragraphs, the runtime would be _much_ worse.

Jens

--
Jens Tröger
http://savage.light-speed.de/