Severe performance degradation on Linux

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 00:09:19 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Jens Tröger <jens.troeger at light-speed.de>
wrote:

> > hopefully function call profiling yields more...
> >
> Which makes the following question pop up in my mind: does the wiki
already have a page describing how to set up function call profiling with
libreoffice ? (i couldnt find any). Is there a strong preference for a tool
to use ? (gprof vs. vallgrind/callgrind vs.).

> I could take a sec. to write up a (tested) page with the procedure if
people can describe the basic preferred way to do it on list.
> ;)

Hrm.

Perhaps a wiki page may not be needed after all; it doesnt seem to get more
complicated than this ? :

valgrind --tool=callgrind instdir/program/soffice

And then load the contents of callgrind.out.<pid> in KCachegrind ?

- Maarten