fdo#70798 Add new Excel functions, move from add-in module?

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 04:56:10 PST 2014

Hi Winfried,

On Monday, 2014-02-03 09:47:51 +0100, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> In Excel 2010 Microsoft introduced new functions ERF.PRECISE, ERFC.PRECISE, NETWORKDAYS.INTL and WORKDAY.INTL.
> These functions are defined in ODF1.2 as ERF, ERFC, NETWORKDAYS and WORKDAY (some with small differences).
> The functions ERF, ERFC, NETWORKDAYS and WORKDAY are currently in the add-in module.
>
> I propose to make the functions fully ODF1.2 compliant (if they are not yet) and move them to the sc module as standard functions.
> And use this code to implement the Excel 2010 functions.
>
> IMHO the add-in module is (slowly) becoming something from the past and maintaining the function in the sc module is more straightforward.
>
> Any objections to this?

Moving functions out from the scaddin module might a bit problematic.
Most functions exist there because they originated from / have
a counterpart in the MS-Excel Analysis-AddIn. The export to BIFF .xls
for those AddIn functions automatically adds the necessary things so
Excel can actually read them and map it to their AddIn. Moving
a function from scaddins to sc core would need to take care of that.

See current handling in sc/source/filter/excel/xeformula.cxx
XclExpFmlaCompImpl::AppendAddInCallToken()

It seems we'll need a genereal plan how to handle the functions that
Excel newly introduces but are in fact implementations of ODFF under
a new name. Also various of the statistic functions you implemented
match that criteria..

As I wanted to come up with a renaming plan for the FLOOR/CEILING
problem anyway I may as well think about this.. seems related.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack