make re-downloading the files when building LO for the second time.

Anubhav Yadav anubhav1691 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 01:23:35 PST 2014

> I assume you mean autogen.sh

Yes

> You can specify a directory where the build should download the files to. It
> defaults to a subdirectory of the checkout.
> You can use --with-external-tar to change this.
>
> In either case the build should not redownload files that are on disk.
>
>> Isn't make is only responsible for recompiling only those parts which
>> were changed?
>
> Recompiling is different from redownloading.
>

> Either the version of the externals was updated since your last build or the
> files were no longer in the download folder.

There were files in both src folder and externals/tarballs folder. I
even moved the files
from src to externals/tarballs but still it started downloading the
external libraries.

Nevertheless I believe that the libraries have updated and have
postponed the idea of
building LO with all the recent changes until tomorrow!

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav