recovery dialogs crash reporter features and .ui conversion

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 04:55:55 PST 2014

Our default configuration for crash reporting during document Recovery
is off (officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Recovery.xcs see
CrashReporter) and there are a bunch of dialogs and tabpages related to
crash reporting.

I don't want to convert these to the .ui format unless we are going to
use them. We haven't enabled that crash reporting set of dialogs AFAIK
since day 0 of LibreOffice. This would be the UI shown on document
recovery which would allow you to send some crash report information.

So anyone disagree with removing these recovery-time crash reporter
dialogs ?

I believe this stuff is somewhat orthogonal to the --enable-crashdump
stuff (which is also disabled by default at build-time) in that the
crashreporter applications (if they exist at run-time) would still get
called in the event of a crash. FWIW the windows one appears to have its
own UI and the unx not. I guess the follow up question is if anyone is
using the --enable-crashdump stuff.

C.