Building LibreOffice on Mac failed...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 7 04:29:18 PST 2014

Hi *,

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM, yjw9012 <yjw9012 at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnMac
>
> I successfully followed step 1 - 12. In step 13, when I run ./autogen.sh, I
> get the following message:
>
> checking for ant... /opt/local/bin/ant

That path is an indication that you have installed ant using some of
the frameworks like darwinports/fink or similar.

This is known to break things.

> checking if /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/bin/ant works... configure:
> WARNING: Ant does not work - Some Java projects will not build!

Ant chekc tries to compile a simple java-project. So that fails. your
ant cannot compile a simple java file using a just-as-simple
build.xml.

Check config.log why that fails.

> checking whether Ant is >= 1.6.0... ./configure: line 38564: test: not
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM: integer expression expected

whatever ant reports as its version string is not what configure
expects, so parsing/comparing the version fails.

> My Apache Ant version is 1.9.3. When I type 'ant -version' on terminal, I
> see this:
> "Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.3 compiled on December 23 2013"

$ ./source/apache-ant-1.9.2/bin/ant -version
Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.2 compiled on July 8 2013

is known to work/has the same basic output, so are you sure you're
running the same command as configure does? i.e. the one in
/opt/local/....

The part of configure that extracts the version is awk - it prints the
fourth element of the ant -version output. So it could also be awk
that is not working as expected. (or that ant just isn't set at this
point and configure just doesn't take into account that there is
non-working ant and just continues..)

In any case: If you really have fink/macports/darwinports installed:
Disable it for building LibreOffice, or be prepared to run into more
of those.

ciao
Christian