Minutes of ESC call

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Fri Feb 7 11:07:00 PST 2014

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
> * Crash reporter (Caolan)
>     + probably let's kill that for now, and if there is interest in
> resurrecting it, let's
>       revert that / bring it back from history? [Kendy]
>         + yes [Caolan]
>         + not needed on Linux anyway, distros do it differently [Miklos]

Hi!
I think that having integrated multi-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux) crash
reporting central system, together with public statistical UI, on TDF infra,
would be a next big milestone for a QA efforts. Hope this will be achieved
in the future, maybe as GSOC project. There are already some open source
frameworks available, both for the crash reporting system (like Breakpad by
Google) and crash stats UI (like Socorro by Mozilla). Therefore I am little
worried for such discouraging tone... Please remember that Linux distros are
not 100% of LibreOffice world and having one central location for crash bugs
would be very helpful to better quality of the product.
Best regards.