fdo73148 Add new Excel 2010 function AGGREGATE to calc

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Wed Feb 12 12:14:03 CET 2014

Hi Eike,

As you know I am working on the function AGGREGATE.
This function seems to be an expansion of SUBTOTAL and I have a working version of AGGREGATE which can handle all 19 functions.

However, the second argument of AGGREGATE (options) is somewhat problematic.
There are 7 different combinations of values to be ignored in the evaluation range, essentially combinations of ignore hidden rows (not hidden columns or hidden cells), ignore error values and ignore nested SUBTOTAL/AGGREGATE functions.
I cannot use the Auto Filter as used by calc for SUBTOTAL.
I don't want to reinvent wheels, nor do I want to rewrite all 19 functions to accomodate the options of AGGREGATE unless really neccessary.

Do you have any suggestions for an efficient implementation of these options?

To make a little clearer what I'm rambling about, the attached code snippet shows my current version of AGGREGATE.

Winfried