Fwd: Re: [Libreoffice-commits] core.git: Move string hash function into String class.

Muthu Subramanian sumuthu at collabora.com
Fri Feb 14 11:01:04 CET 2014

Hi Stephan,

a) Not sure what other things depend on hashCode - I assumed the
functions which call that
      are ok with sampling based hash and needs it quick?
b) argh :( I added the rtl parts, I guess I missed the helper part -
will do.
c) Oops will change that
d) Will add this as well
e) this one as well.

I will do the changes depending on (a) - what would you prefer, please?
Should I just fix hashCode()?
There is specific code there to do the sampling - I thought that was
intended?
If you ask me, I would prefer to do it separately - like I have done it now.

64bit vs 32bit: I guess its a matter of choice and 64bit is better
indeed, but not sure about the value addition :(
Maybe, 32bit is sufficient.
(Btw, the intended use of this function is to actually hash many (or
most) of the objects)

PS: I am CC'ing the list for complicity - please feel free to drop it
while replying.

Thanks!
Muthu Subramanian