interim release 4.2.1 -- branches and outstanding patches

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Feb 19 11:28:06 CET 2014

Hi,

just asking for a short clarification. As per:

 http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/interim-release-this-week-4-2-1-td4097746.html

we are releasing the libreoffice-4.2.1.1 tag as "LibreOffice 4.2.1 final". As
there are already some further patches on the libreoffice-4-2-1 branch[1] and
also some still waiting for review[2], I assume patches intended for the
"LibreOffice 4.2.2 final" release still should get pushed to
refs/for/libreoffice-4-2-1, right?

If that is the case, what is the libreoffice-4-2-2 branch for and shouldnt we kill
it for now to avoid confusion? I see already commits on that branch that are
not on the libreoffice-4-2-1 branch there. Having some people commit on -4-2-1
and some on -4-2-2 is really the worst scenario.

@Cloph: Can you confirm the first and clarify on the second?

Best,

Bjoern

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/libreoffice-4-2-1