Interested in Developing Accessible Android UI for LibreOffice

Keith Creasy kcreasy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 05:35:38 PST 2014

Hello.

We are interested in using LibreOffice to create an accessible (for blind
users) suite for Anddroid devices. I have the LibreOffice repository and can
build all of it, including the experimental Android apps, with the exception
of generating an Android package (apk) that includes the native library.Can
someone give me a pointer or some hints about how to make this happen?

I am assuming that one would use ndk-build to build an Android native
library but the jni directories in the experimental apps are empty except
for the Android.mk file. Attempts to run ndk-build on these projects just
results in an error:

/home/kcreasy/ndk/build/core/build-shared-library.mk:23: *** Android NDK:
Missing LOCAL_MODULE before including BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY in jni/Android.mk
.  Stop.

Thank you.

Keith

Thanks.