Minutes of ESC call

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Feb 21 06:21:40 PST 2014

Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> * Problems in image scaling code (Markus)
>     + can we use openmp there?  anybody against?
>     + gcc and visual studio both support that [Markus]
>     + easy to use [Markus]

Another piece to look at are intel's TBB, which in my mind are _much_
more idiomatic for c++ code. I'm always reminded of fortran when I see
openmp code. ;)

For vcl/source/gdi/* - that is clearly rife of inefficiencies & funny
algorithms. A plan back in the day was to replace code there with
calls to basebmp stuff one by one, though somehow I never got to
it. But it would be nice to have _one_ place for filtering & image
scaling, instead of three in vcl, one in each application, and one in
basebmp.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten