Minutes of ESC call

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Feb 21 12:14:57 PST 2014

Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
> Actually, I think we need SIMD implementations of image scalers if we
> really want speed. We already have pixman (needed by cairo) which has
> SIMD optimized image scalers available (and with latest versions also
> high quality SIMD image scalers) - somebody just needs to integrate
> it.

Yeah. Though legacy vcl has some weird formats to support still. But
at least a number of critical paths could be re-routed to pixman (I
would do that in basebmp though - simply because the semantics are
much clearer defined in that code).

Something else to keep an eye on:

 https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/tree/master/modules/boost/simd

Cheers,