Vertical text alignment for frames

Zolnai Tamás zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 06:39:38 PST 2014

Hi Regina,

The new property specify whether the content of the frame positioned
vertically at the top/center/bottom of the frame. Of course it doesn't have
effect when there is no additional space.

* A frame can contain nearly a whole document including headings,
> paragraph, tables, graphic, or sections.
> * The frame content is sensible to the compatibility settings regarding
> spacing.
> * "Register true" might be enabled.

These things are true for table cells too, aren't they?

* The content of a frame may float to a linked frame.

Yeah, that's a special case, which I have to think of during implementation.

* The height of a frame is often fitting to content.

I don't know it is often or not, but I can imagine user cases when this
alignment can be useful. The main thing is consistency. If we have the
feature of vertical alignment for containers like text boxes and tables,
then why don't we have it for frames too?

Exists an attribute for this in ODF?

Yes, it is called draw:textarea-vertical-align and is listed into
style:graphic-properties which "specifies formatting properties for chart,
draw, graphic, and frame elements."

Regards,
Tamás