BuildBot BUG

d.ostrovsky at idaia.de d.ostrovsky at idaia.de
Fri Feb 28 04:17:30 PST 2014

On Thu Feb 27 08:49:36 PST 2014, Alexandre Vicenzi wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> The buildbot is adding broken links in the history. It's aways
> showing this link: https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/buildbot/0
> Can someone take a look?

Short story: we have found the problem and hope to solve it today.

Long story: Gerrit/Jenkins bridge is implemented as a new SSH command, that we
have contributed to Jenkins's external-jobs-plugin [1].

The pristine version of this command used return code from SSH command
to report build number back to buildbot/gerrit. During review process
of our patch,
it was argued, that this was a bad idea, and it was changed to report
over stdout
instead and returning always 0: [2].

We have never adjusted buildbot for that change of
external-jobs-plugin's SSH command
and used our own home backed version of Jenkin's external-jobs-plugin.

Recently Jenkins machine had a reboot. During this reboot for some
reasons that
i don't understand Jenkins was upgraded. And with it the core
external-jobs-plugin.
Now, we have a mismatch between buildbot and external-jobs-plugin: the
return code
is always 0, and stdout from that call is ignored.

[1]
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Monitoring+external+jobs#Monitoringexternaljobs-SubmitarunperCLI
[2]
https://github.com/davido/gerrit-buildbot-plugin/blob/buildbot-2.5-plugin/src/main/java/org/libreoffice/ci/gerrit/buildbot/publisher/JenkinsLogPublisher.java