Efficient UNO component linkage & GC ...

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at collabora.com
Wed Jan 8 00:21:10 PST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 16:26 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 12/23/2013 06:44 PM, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 10:51 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> >> * assume all LO-internal C++ implementations are ComponentContext-based
> >> (i.e., use cppu::createSingleComponentFactory or
> >> cppu::createOneInstanceComponentFactory rather than legacy
> >> ServiceManager-based cppu::createSingleFactory or
> >> cppu::createOneInstanceFactory); reaching this state is effectively an
> >> easy hack
> >
> > Yep, but maybe we don't need special easy hack for this.
> > So far, I was able to just remove the variables as unused.
> > I think it's easy to do as part of creating constructor function for
> > implementation.
>
> Not sure what you mean here with "remove the variables as unused."

Sorry, what I meant, is that they can be also "ServiceManager-based" -
if the ServiceManager is not really used.
Like in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5bf7b06c937ef08478831bc42b344dc96986a881
I've simply removed constructor parameter for EnhancedCustomShapeEngine
So, I think we don't need that easy hack and can do it in one commit
with converting to constructor function together.

Best,

Matus