Glade UI Dialogs and UNO extensions

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 06:15:56 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 20:13 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> I have one (easy) situation, which I already sent to UI list, but no
> decision was made... It refers to the position of the default button in
> Save As dialog. In this dialog, the "keep as MS format" button is the
> default and is on the left. IMHO it should be on the right

In this particular case the "keep as MS" is equivalent to "ok"/"save"
and the "use ODF" is equivalent to "cancel" so should follow the
surrounding desktop rules for their placement. So for e.g. GNOME/MacOSX,
yes, "keep as MS" should be on the right. So I've fixed that now I
believe.

> "Save As ODF" should be emphasized.

Not so clear-cut IMO on which button should be the default. Personally I
feel that if I said "save as MS" and I get the confirmation dialog the
default should be "yes, what I asked you to do a second ago" and remain
"Save as M..." so I'll leave any decision on that to the UX list.

C.