OpenGL on Linux

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat Jan 11 10:13:23 PST 2014

Hello Markus, *,
On Samstag, 11. Januar 2014 18:54 Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> I'm currently working on integrating the chart-opengl2 branch into
> master and would like to make it available on linux soon after
> that. Currently the feature is developed on Windows and produces
> runtime problems.

does it mean, that the integration of OpenGL will improve something
for us users? More possibilities to improve 3D charts, speed
improvements etc.?

<snip>
> Could some of you please send me the output of glxinfo to provide
> a picture which OpenGL versions are available and more importantly
> which OpenGL extensions are supported?

Well, I could but ...

> This helps me to determine which OpenGL features I can use and
> have an approximation how many systems are not supported in the
> chart-opengl2 branch. I'm both interested in output from systems
> with the opensource drivers but even more in systems using the
> official drivers from Intel/Nvidia/AMD.

... as I am using mesa-utils 8.1.0-2+b1 with

<quote>
ii  libdrm-nouveau2:amd64                             2.4.50-1
amd64        Userspace interface to nouveau-specific kernel DRM
services -- runtime
ii  xserver-xorg-video-nouveau                        1:1.0.10-1
amd64        X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver
</quote>

, I only get

<quote>
name of display: :0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
</quote>

... :( I am not sure, if I need anything else to install, and if
this is of any help ... :(
Sorry for the inconvenience
Thomas.

--
Evolution is a million line computer program falling into place by
accident.