Need help with add a customised button to top toolbar.

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 07:36:02 PST 2014

Hi Jeff,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 09:23:27PM +0800, Jeff Cai <jeffcaiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on a project to add a customised button to top toolbar of
> Writer.
> I've built the source and had some other modification done.
>
> However, i found myself lost in the large code of framework/sfx2, and don't
> know where to start.
>
> Is there any good example i can get clear idea of the whole thing from the
> current source code or and external material that can help? Can someone
> figure it out?

For general overview e.g. these slides should help:

http://people.gnome.org/~michael/data/2013-07-26-libreoffice-code-structure.pdf
http://people.gnome.org/~michael/data/2013-07-26-libreoffice-low-level.pdf

Each module has a README as well.

Regarding Writer toolbars, I guess all of that is in configuration data,
e.g. the fact that the Logo toolbar is hidden by default is in

officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/WriterWindowState.xcu

Miklos