Build error on Windows 7 and VS 2012 in unit test using Cygwin

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 08:36:14 PST 2014

On 14/01/14 12:50, Anderson Roberto wrote:

> At end of make process I got an error on unit test
> CppunitTest_filter_tiff_test
>
> So I run make again only to build this unit test using: make
> CppunitTest_filter_tiff_test

> [build CUT] filter_tiff_test
>
> /bin/sh: line 1:  5228 Aborted                 (core dumped)
> PATH="$PATH:/cygdrive/g/sources/libo-core/instdir/URE/bin:/cygdrive/g/sources/libo-core/instdir/program":"/cygdrive/g/sources/libo-core/workdir/LinkTarget/Library:/cygdrive/g/sources/libo-core/
> workdir/UnpackedTarball/cppunit/src/cppunit/ReleaseDll"

that means the test crashed for some reason - you need to investigate
with a debugger what the problem is.  (or you can pull current master
and build again in the hope it was some transient issue that has been
fixed meanwhile.)

> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.50.20130728-cvs (cygwin-special)

however, gdb is totally useless to debug a MSVC build - you need Visual
Studio for that; probably the build system needs to be taught not to
attempt to use gdb on windows...

> export CPPUNITTRACE=""[full path to devenv.exe]" /debugexe" # for
> interactive debugging in Visual Studio

try this ^^^ to debug the test with Visual Studio.