long paras + tools/string.hxx

Matteo Casalin matteo.casalin at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 05:20:49 PST 2014

Hi all,

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:10:40 +0000
Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:

> The 16 bit length limitation in writer is now removed towards 4.3.
>
> The 16 bit paragraph length limit in editeng still remains, editeng
> mixes freely sal_uInt16 with xub_StrLen and has a pile of hard-coded
> 0xFFFF here and there which makes it tricky to see at a glance which
> values are string lengths and offsets and which are not. Sigh.

I'l (very) slowly working on this. Indeed there are some obscure (to me) points in which I don't know how to proceed.
I will push to gerrit for review, just to have some cross checks, and the first bunch of patches should be ready in the next few days.

BTW: is there any chance that some use of sal_uInt16 is left behind in the already converted code? I'm asking just to know what to focus on after this task is finally done.

Thanks
Matteo