Pointer feature on android impress remote app

Siqi Liu me at siqi.fr
Sat Jan 25 17:06:47 PST 2014

Hello all,

During a conversation on IRC with cloph, I'm reminded of the fact that the
android app doesn't have the laser pointer feature yet. However, it's
certainly not a feature related to android/ios.

Actually the API has been documented and to make use of it, just send the
proper instruction with proper parameters and it's done. If my memory
serves well, there are two parameters to send "X" and "Y" in percentage
with respect to the size of the slide (0.5, 0.5 and the pointer will appear
on the center of the slide). Basically we only need to retrieve the
position of users' touch event on the phone and send it to the server.

Personally I don't have much time for hacking on the android app now, just
a reminder that it's not hard at all to support it on android, maybe
someone can take a look at that? It would be really cool if it also works
with the android app.

Cheers,
Siqi

--