memory release in libreoffice

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 05:44:17 PDT 2014

Hi Mahesh,

Please keep discussions on the mailing list instead of moving them to
private mail only, I'm Cc'ing the list again.

On Friday, 2014-07-11 12:28:43 -0000, Mahesh Patil wrote:

> Mac OS Xcode has such tools which tell you memory leaks with exact num of bytes and it's allocation function.
>
> I found some memory leaks but main problem is that I build static library on mac and ConvertData is duplicate struct and class. So this causes problem ConvertData destructor is not called properrly so I rename one of them in scaddin.One random crash also found but I don't know how to contact mac os developer on libreoffice. I know exact proble I fixed also..

I see struct ConvertData in include/vcl/salctype.hxx and class
ConvertData in scaddins/source/analysis/analysishelper.hxx
Both should be independent from each other, i.e. scaddins does not see
the vcl struct or vice versa. Anyway, renaming the scaddin one helped in
your static library case? (whyever you build a static lib is beyond my
scope...)

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack