export of Calc functions to OOXML

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 08:54:35 PDT 2014

Hi Winfried,

On Tuesday, 2014-07-15 12:28:35 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> The Calc function GAMMADIST has an optional 4th argument (cumulative), whereas this argument is mandatory for Excel.
> When saving a document with function GAMMADIST as xls, this argument is added if necessary (in /sc/source/filter/excel/xeformula.cxx).
> When saving this document as xlsx, this argument is not added.

That's odd, XclExpFmlaCompImpl::AppendTrailingParam() is called in
XclExpFmlaCompImpl::FinishFunction() that should be called also for
OOXML export (or was it?). Best to place a breakpoint there and see
if/when it gets hit.

BUT, I think I might know why it doesn't get called anymore ... the
OOXML formula string is now directly generated from the token array,
which bypasses all mechanisms we had in place for the Excel binary
export and the earlier OOXML export benefitted from. It may be we have
to re-implement that entirely :-(  and end up with an almost duplicated
functionality..

> Is this currently not implemented?
> Where is the code for this argument-adding supposed to be located?
>
> As I want to use the same principle for F.DIST (see fdo#40835), which also has a 4th argument that is optional in ODFF1.2 and mandatory in Excel, and maybe more functions.

Would make sense to add those similar to the existing ones.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack