export of Calc functions to OOXML

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 04:22:38 PDT 2014

Hi Winfried,

On Monday, 2014-07-21 11:39:30 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> Neither XclExpFmlaCompImpl::AppendTrailingParam(), nor XclExpFmlaCompImpl::FinishFunction() gets hit when set as a breakpoint in gdb.

That confirms my assumption that it is due to the change that formula
expressions are now written using the compiler internals.

> It seems to me that re-implementing the OOXML export functionality is rather a complex business, i.e. not something suitable for me. Shall I create a bug report for this?

There are already entry points that do something similar for the old
non-ODFF (aka PODF) OOo-XML format, i.e. in
formula/source/core/api/FormulaCompiler.cxx
FormulaCompiler::CreateStringFromTokenArray() and in
formula/source/core/api/token.cxx all functions with *Rewrite*()

The MissingConvention and FormulaMissingContext need to handle also the
OOXML cases, or probably better create a derived MissingConvention for
the OOXML case so there are less explicit comparisons and/or switch
cases to differentiate.

_Maybe_ that and the code in XclExpFmlaCompImpl::AppendTrailingParam()
could even be united in some way to diminish code duplication.

If you want to take a stab at this just tell me, otherwise I'll do.
A bug report might be good so things don't get lost.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack