On extending SdrTextPrimitive2D

Matteo Campanelli matteo.campanelli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:10:14 PDT 2014

In one of my latest commits
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=feature/gsoc14-draw-chained-text-boxes&id=be897ed79d331276e8d686ac35956cdd57e24615>
created a class that extends SdrTextPrimitive2D.
The derived class - SdrChainedTextPrimitive2D - should be used for dealing
with text in chained text boxes.

I have a couple concerns about the overriding of two virtual methods:
1) SdrChainedTextPrimitive2D::create2DDecomposition should return a
Primitive2DSequence. What is this for?
Currently I'm returning an empty sequence on which I apply the following
mysterious method other similar classes are using:
encapsulateWithTextHierarchyBlockPrimitive2D(aEmptySequence)

2) SdrChainedTextPrimitive2D::createTransformedClone, I have no idea what
this is for.
My temporary solution was puttin an "assert(0)" in it, so far it seems its'
never been called.

Cheers,
Matteo