[GSoC] Improved Color Selection - how do I load .soc files

Krisztian Pinter pin.terminator at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:11:08 PDT 2014

*Excuse me, I accidentally sent this before finishing writing it.*

Hi All!

I'm trying to load .soc palettes, they are in XML format, and it's
hardcoded in LO to load "standard.soc" to get the default colors.

The loading process starts here:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/source/xoutdev/xtable.cxx#234
SvxXMLXTableImport::load returns it's result to an object created
by createInstance().
CreateInstance is here:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/source/xoutdev/xtabcolr.cxx#58
It calls this:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/source/unodraw/XPropertyTable.cxx#269

And this kind of keeps going but I'm not really closer to what I want to
do, namely to have a function that is given a path to a .soc file, and
returns a vector of colors.

If anyone has any insights, please share them! Thank you!

All the best,
Krisztian