rtf filter detection order

Anthonys Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 08:18:46 PDT 2014

On 29/07/2014 14:52, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>> But it should be add added that this only works for Writer and Calc,
>> >because there is no plain text import code for the other applications.
>> >So a text file (or an unknown file) opened from Impress will be opened
>> >in Writer anyway.
> Yup.  You are right about this.
Not having a clue how Impress etc work but ...

If they use an xml document to store their stuff in a native LO archive,
then imho my attempted fix for a corrupt Calc document should work the
same way for correcting a corrupt Impress (or any other LO) document.

It should be possible, for ANY LO document that is stored that way, to
break out the content.xml, read it back into the original application,
and recover at least the basic original document.

Cheers,
Wol