rtf filter detection order

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:35:51 PDT 2014

On 29/07/14 19:25, Michael Stahl wrote:
>>> i suspect you could get it loaded with the Flat ODF filters, just need
>>> to change the root element of content.xml to <office:document>
>>
>> Hmmm. Nice and simple.
>>
>> If you agree, Kohei, do you think it's a good idea to open a
>> bug/enhancement and make that change to all documents? imho it's crazy
>> it doesn't work that way, and if it's that easy to fix ...
>
> i don't understand, where is the bug here?

Okay, maybe it's an enhancement, but if Impress cannot recognise and
read a document THAT WAS CREATED BY IMPRESS, then at minimum it is a
"feature" aka "does something stupid by design".

If the user is struggling to retrieve a damaged document, the last thing
they want is brain-damaged design breaking an "obvious" fix.

I regularly saw people bragging about how they used OOo to recover
damaged MS-Office documents. It was heart-breaking back then to be
forced to use Excel to recover a damaged OOo Calc document :-(

Cheers,
Wol