EditEng - Switch from edit to non-edit mode - Code references?

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at collabora.com
Sat Jun 7 15:43:34 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 17:39 -0400, Matteo Campanelli wrote:

> Does anyone know any point I should be looking at?

Based on my experience with the edit engine code and your description,
the first place I would look at is class EditTextObject, and the
EditEngine::CreateTextObject() method.

What typically happens with the edit engine is that, during edit mode,
much of its state is handled by EditEngine and its associated classes
i.e. ImpEditEngine, EditView, and ImpEditView.  I assume those are where
you were working on (?)

When the edit mode ends, the edit engine flushes its internal state to a
persistent object called EditTextObject, which basically replicates much
of edit engine's internal states.  My guess is that, you've made changes
in the EditEngine side of things, but have yet to make necessary changes
to the EditTextObject side of things, or something like that.

And CreateTextObject() is where the edit engine code flushes its
internal states into EditTextObject, so if you've missed copying some of
your new properties, this is a good place to start investigating, I
would think.

Of course, I'm not your mentor and I don't know the full description of
your project, so I may be off.  But in case you are out of ideas,
sniffing around those places I mentioned may be a good strategy until
your mentors get back to you.

Kohei