[GSOC] Tiled Rendering, ahunt, Weekly Report 02/03 / WK23/24

Andrzej Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Mon Jun 9 03:29:04 PDT 2014

Hello All,

Status for the last 2 weeks:
* Rather busy with finishing university projects... (now completed, I.e.
I'm now 100% free).

* Dug into the LOKit renaming.

* Some time spent digging around basebmp colours / alpha channel:
** Previously it seemed like the alpha channel was not set at all -- had to
    manually overwrite it in the client app.
** Tried to hardcode alpha channel value in the basebmp colour conversion
     classes/templates -- but doesn't quite work as expected. (See attached
     screenshots.) Still figuring this out.
    (Basebmp doesn't really seem to have any understanding of the alpha
channel at all, so I'm
    not really sure why hardcoding it should cause this sort of
artifact, especially as leaving the channel
    empty works fine.)
** We don't need the alpha channel for gtk (it can understand RGB or
RGBA), and
    since basebmp doesn't really support it properly, maybe worth just
sticking to RGB
   (without the A)? Then again, we can easily support various formats,
so probably still
   worth fixing the RGBA in case it is needed.

-- Andrzej