Access2Base - New release

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Jun 12 08:59:24 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 05:16:45PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 09:55:05AM +0100, Noel Power wrote:

>> In the binary case the possibilities should be clear. But even if
>> Libreoffice didn't ship any basic libraries as part of the core it
>> wouldn't change the fact that enterprises normally deploy all of
>> their macros in share, I doubt they would wish that a user could
>> 'override' any libraries (including Access2Base that possibly some
>> of their macros have a dependency on)

> Enterprises are free, if they so wish, to forbid their employees to
> install an extension that overrides a part of core, or otherwise
> override a part of LibreOffice core.

FWIIW, an enterprise could also wish to deploy a newer Access2Base
version without upgrading to LibreOffice Fresh (because they are
enterprise, they want Stable), because it suits their newly developed
macros better... And then doing it by a system-wide extension is much
better than having to recompile the whole of LibreOffice.

--
Lionel