[Libreoffice-qa] Whiteboard Status'

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 08:15:14 PDT 2014

On 06/17/2014 02:46 AM, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 16/06/14 23:39, Joel Madero wrote:
>> *Status* 	*Question*
>> complextest 	Is this useful? If so – when should we use it?
>> unoapitest 	We have “uno” is that sufficient?
> these two are very similar, maybe we could combine them as junittest?
Hm - Bjoern seemed to like them separate. For now we'll keep separate
but I'll make a note of maybe combining.

> although actually i'd like to limit "dataloss" to ODF documents only,
> where this really is not supposed to happen - if it's some other format
> it's more like a missing feature
We'll discuss on call tomorrow.
> .
>> experimentalEnabled 	Is this useful?
> a little... it lets us de-prioritize bugs that happen in features that
> are known to be broken anyway.
+1

>> odf 	Suggestion to change to “extension:ODF” – see previous email
> this has nothing to do with extensions, but with file formats; in
> particular ODF which is the default format and the one where we have to
> care the most about interoperability issues with other office suites
> (and also older versions of LO), so a short and sweet keyword is really
> needed.
Yes I said the wrong word - maybe filter:ODT, filter:DOCX, filter:RTF is
best.
>> odf_validation 	Who uses this? How do we know it's “validation” is it
>> for developers only?
> people have filed bugs about LO producing ODF documents that ODF
> validators find objectionable.
+1

> i've got questions too:
>
>> ConfirmedRegression

> why do we need this, given that we have a "regression" keyword?  this is
> a pointless alias... developers don't search for it, the ESC bug-stats
> script doesn't know about it... fortunately currently only 2 bugs have it.
Moving to not in use - agreed regression keyword is sufficient.

Best,
Joel