[libreoffice-projects] LibreOffice Weekly News #2 released

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 17:39:26 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 5:36 PM, William Gathoye <william at gathoye.be> wrote:
> I've just finished writing the second LOWN edition. It is available
> here [1], still as a pdf version for now.
>
> You might still expect some mimetype errors, since Github doesn't
> handle pdf quite well. As a workaround, when you are on the wiki page,
> please make a right click, click on "Save the link as..." and open the
> pdf file with your favourite pdf client.
>
> Please do not advertise this LOWN#2 version yet. I'm still open to any
> comment or correction you would have.

Hi William,
A few notes.

* Have you considered typesetting the weekly news using LibreOffice?
Is it easier to pull-in refs using LaTeX?

* "Q/A" -> "QA"

* For slightly better flow when reading, perhaps:

"LibreOffice Weekly News gathers interesting developments from
discussions on mailing lists and IRC, updates in QA, and git commits,
and combines them into a tidy publication at the end of each week.
This summary will emphasize a developer's point of view. This week in
LibreOffice. . ."

Cheers,
--R

--