how to cope with Calc functions that have an optional argument, which is mandatory in Excel?

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Thu Jun 26 01:32:05 PDT 2014

Hi,

Currenty I am looking at fdo#40835, which mentions the problem that Excel function F.DIST has 4 required arguments and that ODF1.2 function FDIST has the same arguments, only the last argument is optional.

I have found in classes FormulaParser and FormulaFinalizer (/core/sc/source/filter/inc/formulaparser.hxx)functions that handle the other way round, i.e. Calc has all arguments mandatory and Excel has optional arguments.

Is there code that handles my case? Otherwise I may have to introduce an extra function to Calc, just because of this optional/required argument difference.

Winfried