GSoC mid-term evaluations NOW

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Jun 26 07:14:04 PDT 2014

Hi Cedric, Hi Fridrich,

melange is crapping out on me. Neither my bjoern.michaelsen at gmail.com nor my
bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com account lets me take any action/evaluation. As
mst (co-mentor) is on vacation too and possibly hasnt filed this, please handle
this for me. Thanks.

Best,

Bjoern

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 08:06:30AM +0200, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> The mid-term evaluations are just now! So, head to Google Melange and
> submit them before Friday. In case you really can't fill the evaluation
> your self, ask either your co-mentor or one of your beloved admins
> (Fridrich, Thorsten or myself) to do it.
>
> Below are the questions of the form.
>
> >      1. How many years have you been a mentor for Google Summer of
> >         Code (Total - this doesn’t have to be consecutive)?
> >
> >              1. This is my first year
> >
> >              2. 2-3 years
2. 2-3 years

> >              3. More than 3 years
> >
> >      2. If you answered “2-3 years” or “more than 3 years” as a
> >         mentor, what years did you participate?
> >
> >      3. How many years have you been a student in Google Summer of
> >         Code?
> >
> >              1. I have never been a student
1. I have never been a student

> >              2. 1 year
> >
> >              3. 2 years
> >
> >              4. 3+ years
> >
> >      4. If you answered 2 years or 3+ years, what years did you
> >         participate as a student?
> >
> >      5. At what point did you first make contact with your student?
> >
> >              1. Before the program was announced
> >
> >              2. After my organization was selected to participate in
> >                 Google Summer of Code
> >
> >              3. During the student application/acceptance phase of the
> >                 program
3. During the student application/acceptance phase of the
   program

> >              4. During the community bonding period
> >
> >              5. After the start of coding
> >
> >      6. How often do you and your student interact?
> >
> >              1. Daily
> >
> >              2. Every few days
> >
> >              3. Weekly
> >
> >              4. Every few weeks
4. Every few weeks

> >              5. Monthly
> >
> >              6. Less than once a month
> >
> >      7. How do you communicate with your student? (Check all that
> >         apply)
> >
> >              1. Google+ Hangout
> >
> >              2. Voice (phone, Skype, etc.)
> >
> >              3. IM/IRC
3. IM/IRC

> >              4. Private emails
> >
> >              5. Mailing Lists
5. Mailing Lists

> >              6. Student blog updates
> >
> >              7. In-person meeting(s)
> >
> >              8. Other
> >
> >      8. Of the communication methods listed above, which do you use
> >         most frequently?
IRC

> >      9. How much time do you spend on Google Summer of Code per week
> >         (take into consideration your interactions with your student
> >         as well as time working with your org and on your own)?
> >
> >              1. 1-5 hours
1. 1-5 hours

> >              2. 5-10 hours
> >
> >              3. 10-15 hours
> >
> >              4. 15-20 hours
> >
> >              5. More than 20 hours per week
> >
> >     10. How many time zones apart from your student are you?
> >
> >              1. Less than 3
> >
> >              2. 3-6
> >
> >              3. More than 6
> >
> >     11. How often do you require status updates from your student?
> >
> >              1. Daily
> >
> >              2. Every few days
> >
> >              3. Weekly
3. Weekly

> >              4. Only when explicitly asked for by me
> >
> >     12. Please rate the quality of your interactions and
> >         communications with the student (consider his/her
> >         communication with you as well as your responses).
> >
> >              1. Very Good (Student is regularly responsive and the
> >                 quality of communication is high)
1. Very Good (Student is regularly responsive and the
   quality of communication is high)

> >              2. Good (Student is somewhat responsive and the quality
> >                 of communication is okay)
> >
> >              3. Bad (Student is only somewhat or not at all responsive
> >                 and the quality of communication is low)
> >
> >     13. Please rate the quality of the student’s interactions with
> >         your organization and community.
> >
> >              1. Very Good (Student is regularly responsive and the
> >                 quality of communication is high)
1. Very Good (Student is regularly responsive and the
   quality of communication is high)

> >              2. Good (Student is somewhat responsive and the quality
> >                 of communication is okay)
> >
> >              3. Bad (Student is only somewhat or not at all responsive
> >                 and the quality of communication is low)
> >
> >     14. Is your student on track to complete his/her project?
> >
> >              1. The student has already completed his/her project
> >
> >              2. He/she is ahead of schedule
> >
> >              3. He/she is on schedule
3. He/she is on schedule

> >              4. He/she is behind schedule
> >
> >     15. Please rate the quality of code/work the student has produced
> >         thus far.
> >
> >              1. Amongst the best people I’ve ever worked with
> >
> >              2. Solid-quality performance
2. Solid-quality performance

> >              3. Good performance
> >
> >              4. Mediocre performance
> >
> >              5. Disappointing or not performing at all
> >
> >     16. Give an example of a very good or very bad interaction you had
> >         with your student.

Student proactively posts regular status updates to the project mailing list
that give a good overview of ongoing development while still being concise.

> >     17. Anything else you’d like to tell us or suggestions on how we
> >         could improve the program?
> >
> >     18. For the midterm evaluation, should this student pass or fail?
> >
> >              1. Pass
1. Pass