Sort and copy results

Kevin André hyperquantum at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 08:13:26 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Kohei Yoshida
<kohei.yoshida at collabora.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 16:34 +0200, Kevin André wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Wols Lists <antlists at youngman.org.uk> wrote:
>> >
>> > That's one of my moans (maybe it's been fixed) about LO spellcheck! It's
>> > too long ago to remember the details, and it was in a cell (can't
>> > remember whether it was a Writer table or Calc). Anyways, I filled the
>> > cell and tabbed away. The AutoCorrupt kicked in. And <ctrl-z> reversed
>> > the ENTIRE operation, deleting the text I'd typed! I just *could* *not*
>> > work out how to get LO to accept what I'd typed without insisting on
>> > corrupting it.
>> >
>> > So it makes a lot of sense, in many circumstances, for a user's input to
>> > be treated as multiple steps requiring multiple undos, even when it's
>> > just one user action that triggers it.
>>
>> This.
>> Please check out bug #36867 which I filed 3 years ago and still isn't fixed.
>
> Just so you know, piggybacking on a thread and say "please fix my
> favorite bug I filed x years ago" is not appreciated.

Sorry if I offended you. Reading about "AutoCorrupt" as written by
Wols reminded me of this bug as it is about the very same subject: the
lack of separate undo for multiple steps (user input +
autocorrection). It's also not my favorite bug; I actually don't
really care much about it anymore since I it hasn't affected me in a
long time. But maybe there are other users like Wols who are still
running into this. The bug just seemed relevant to what Wols said,
that's why I mentioned it here.

Regards,

Kevin