Widget Conversion: Getting hard to find the last 175 remaining

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 05:49:41 PST 2014

Hi there -
I think  that issue maybe could spin of as a UI discussion -
only yesterday I was thinking just about this issue, though regarding
2 other softwares I use a lot: GIMP and Inkscape.

Inkscape has this same design as L.O., where the dialogs can be
launched from the U.I. form different places - and, even thoguh there
might be an order of magnitude less dialogs in inkscape than in L.O.
they are already difficult to find.

In GIMP, regardless of the type of dialog, ALL of the "primary" types
of dialog are
under Window->Dockable dialogs menu.  Some of them, due to logic
organization of the UI are _also_ present in other places - but one
does not need to think "where can I possibly find a way to get to the
textures dialog" - they are all listed in one place.

Maybe L.O. could have in the future a submenu where all tabs and
dialogs could be found? Or a "dialog browser" tool?

I am sorry if this list is not the appropriate place for UI discussion
suggestions  - I I've been reading it for some months and saw some
e-mails talking about UI, but very few. Where could that conversation
take place?

  js
 -><-