Hi-DPI patches for 4.2

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Mon Mar 10 12:32:21 PDT 2014

Hi Norbert,

Norbert Thiebaud píše v Po 10. 03. 2014 v 14:11 -0500:

> > It is only 5 patches, as I have squashed the follow-up fixes into the
> > appropriate patches, but other than that, it should bring us to the very
> > same state that is in master.
>
> Not quite.. I had to add a bunch of #ifndef MACOSX around most of it
> (and I may have missed some)
> so that it does not mess-up Macosx retina display support.

I was assured that those ifdefs are needed only when

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0c9e4d9b223a0593686bee800484de3c23095d4f

is in place; and I did not backport that one.  So does it kick in even
if this is not there?

> especially wrt to code that 'scale' BMPs....
> as such I'm quite nervous to have that backported in the 'stable' release...

Well - no idea what is best there; either the bitmaps are extremely
small, but not scaled, or they have reasonable size, but every pixel
becomes a square...

I for myself am OK to live with the scaled bitmaps before we have an
icon set that either has bigger png's, or directly svg's, but that is I
guess to decide between people who actually have hi-dpi displays :-)

Having said that - why ifdef? ;-)  Why just not a function that does (or
does not) scale according to the DPI scale level & if it is / is not
OSX?

All the best,
Kendy