OpenGL on Linux

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:48:38 PDT 2014

Hey Thorsten,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Thorsten Behrens <thb at documentfoundation.org
> wrote:

> Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> > I'm currently working on integrating the chart-opengl2 branch into master
> > and would like to make it available on linux soon after that. Currently
> the
> > feature is developed on Windows and produces runtime problems.
> >
> Hi Markus,
>
> by way of Keith's blog entry (http://keithp.com/blogs/glamor-hacking/
> - which is encouraging in its own right), came across this today:
>
>  https://github.com/anholt/libepoxy
>
> , and at least Eric's marketing departement claims it is better than
> glew. ;)

I saw the blog post already and had a quick look at libepoxy. However I
have not had the time yet to evaluate how good the library fits into
Libreoffice and if it works well together with vcl.

Most of the problems mentioned for glew are not at all a problem in our
case. As mentioned it will take some time to see if libepoxy is better as
glew or not. I'll keep it on my list for the future.

Regards,
Markus