spadmin, fax machines, etc. is this still useful ?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 07:51:52 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 10:45 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On (non-MacOSX) unix we have "spadmin" the printer administration tool.

> a) you can "connect a fax device"

So, what I've done for fax devices is to now detect fax4cups via its
"Dial" property and send it the user-provided fax number by fax4cups
recommended route of setting the job-name to the number to be called.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ed6171632005cdaa987214e84f0ad8fd0dbdd2da

The "add a fax" stuff is now removed in favor of "use fax4cups" or
something similar and docs updated.

C.