Improving type detection

Maxim Monastirsky momonasmon at gmail.com
Fri May 2 02:41:58 PDT 2014

On Thursday 01 May 2014 09:29:48 Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> So, I looked over those changes, and I do like the changes. :-)
Thanks Kohei!

> He was concerned about having to "detect" zip
> storage over and over again which he rightly said was not great for
> performance.

It makes me think of another point. There are some detectors that do exactly
the same detection procedure for all supported types. For example - oox, xml,
and now the new storage one. If such detector didn't detect anything useful
once, we can be sure that it won't detect anything also in the next runs. So
it doesn't make sense to run it again and again.

Maybe we can store a list of such detectors in some config file, and add a
corresponding check to the detection loop. This also would be a bit cleaner
solution for fdo#46310. What is the best place to store such list?

Maxim