Shared compilation cache & windows ...

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Mon May 12 09:24:56 PDT 2014

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Behrens píše v Pá 09. 05. 2014 v 22:59 +0200:

> seems the mozilla guys are pushing some boundaries again - is this
> sccache thing something we could try on windows? For me, the modified
> ccache has never really worked...
>
>  http://glandium.org/blog/?p=3275

"Because the MSVC preprocessor is not exactly fast, and because sccache
doesn’t have a direct mode like ccache, it doesn’t make as much
difference as ccache does."

I believe the precompiled headers are still the way to go on Windows -
the ccache on Windows will never be really fast, until MS speeds-up the
pre-processor, or somebody creates standalone MSVC-like
pre-processor ;-)

All the best,
Kendy