Hello from a Newb Here to Help

Dave Barton db at tasit.net
Mon May 12 05:39:42 PDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
From: Lindsey <warchant10 at yahoo.com>
To: libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 18:38:19 -0500

> Hi,
>
> I know y'all are busy so I'll try to keep this short. I just started
> using Libre Office and I LOVE it. I want to learn all I can about it
> but I also hit some snags. I'm not really a dev - so I can't help with
> coding stuff but I can help with writing documentation, wikis, and
> anything in that regard. In the past I've found writing about things
> can go a long way to speed up the learning process. I really want to
> learn this and I also want to help out as I go. If someone would be so
> kind as to point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged. Thank
> you!
>
> Cheers,
> L.

Welcome Lindsey

There are many areas of the project you can help with, that don't
require developer skills. You have expressed an interest in
documentation, so https://www.libreoffice.org/community/docs-team/ might
be a good starting point. From the "Community" side panel on that page
there are links to other areas of the project that may be of interest.

Subscribing to the documentation mailing list will put you in touch with
the "Docs" team. It is also the place to request an account for the ODF
Authors website and access to the wiki.

Regards
Dave