[GSoC] Text Background Color in Draw - Report 24/05/2013

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Mon May 26 00:01:10 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-25 18:05, Matteo Campanelli wrote:
> during last week I studied how to make arbitrary portions of text  have a (possibly transparent) background color.
> So far I have been able  to render a monochromatic non-transparent background behind text (see attachment).

Hi

Nice work!

I'm not sure how LO's current glyph bitmap caching works, but you might run into some visual artifacts with anti-aliasing.

Some programs cache the rendering of glyphs, especially when doing anti-aliasing, because it is quite expensive to do
the computation.

However, this can lead to some odd pixel effects when you change the background color, because doing anti-aliasing
properly is dependent on both the color of the glyph and the color of the background.

Hopefully LO doesn't have this problem, but just in case, I thought you should know.

Regards, Noel Grandin