[GSOC] Personas - Weekly Report #1
rachitgupta1792 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 00:41:24 PDT 2014
I'm working on improving the usability of Personas in LibreOffice. I
started working since the Community Bonding period, and with the help of
Kendy, I've done the following things:
- Read about the Mozilla AMO API. The search API in particular and the
data it returns, which is XML.
- Created an XML Parser (PersonasDocHandler) to parse the XML results.
- Changed the GUI in select_persona_dialog.ui to include a search bar
and a 3x3 grid of images to show the results.
- Created a thread (SearchAndParseThread) to retrieve and parse the
search data in background, so the UI is not blocked. The preview images are
downloaded from the HTML of the themes into their respective folders in the
Gallery folder, and displayed in the grid.
I have my University exams this week, so I won't be able to work much (will
work on weekend). Still, my next work includes:
- Adding spacing between images.
- Images can't be clicked, so think of a way of using button with images.
- Other UI quirks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LibreOffice