make fails when using '--with-system-libs'

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 01:55:46 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:

>> I was just trying to follow this LCOV Code Coverage guide:
>>
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Lcov
>>
>> which recommends to run configure '--with-system-libs'
>

> The wiki might be a bit optimistic. It's a wiki. Edit it.

I have no problem with editing the wiki. But before one can edit, one must
determine what to change it into: I havent determined yet what would be a
better way to filter out the unwanted non-libreoffice code from the report,
other than running run configure '--with-system-libs'. Adding all unwanted
code to the removal line:

lcov --remove '/usr/local/src/libreoffice/*/UnpackedTarball/*'
'/foo/bar/dependency1' '/foo/bar/dependency2' '/foo/bar/dependencyx'

seems like a way to do it, but will require manually adding a new
'unwanted' directory to that line whenever new code gets added. I havent
figured out a better way yet, though.

- Maarten